Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pardon me...

If this post is totally incoherent. But I have to ask, "When is this going to stop?!" 
"This" being the constant notifications of my children's toys, safety seats, vitamins, medicine, and whatever else under the sun containing poisonous paint, not securing your child as intended and rubber in my food. 
Last week an article was passed around announcing that Subway's bread contained an "ingredient" that was also used to make rubber yoga mats and the soles of our tennis shoes. I mean, really? That doesn't sound like eating fresh to me. Another Facebook friend posted today about the dangerous ingredients in foods at Panera (which if you're like me, you love this place.) 
I'm so discouraged. There are hormones in my milk and meat if I'm not buying organic. God only knows what's in the noodles and sauce I made my lasagna with last night. What do I do? 
What do we do?
How is this legal? Studies are showing the side effects of the poisons that are being passed off as food and yet they're still on the shelves. Do I put my kids in daycare and go to work so I can buy 5-$8 gallons of organic milk a week…on top of the 3x higher price tag on fruits and vegetables that aren't genetically modified and doused in bug killing chemicals before they make it to the market? 
Do I make my own bread and pasta from scratch? I'd say I don't have the time but I'm sitting here blogging during a rare occurrence of naps in my home. I was actually vacuuming with all of these thoughts and questions in my head that I had to just sit down and write it all out.
I'm just so annoyed and upset that I'm poisoning my family daily, multiple times each day, with every bite we take. 

No comments:

Post a Comment