Monday, March 16, 2015

Marvel Universe Live!

Christmas 2013 we took the boys to Disney's Princesses and Heroes on ice. I knew what it was. Daniel thought that it was actual "heroes"… not the Prince Charming type heroes. I enjoyed it, but I'm a girl and I grew up going to these every year with my mom and Memaw so I knew what to expect. 
This year we saw that the Marvel show was coming to OKC so I started looking at tickets around December and the prices were outrageous. I couldn't justify $50 a ticket, especially knowing that you HAVE to buy souvenirs that cost just as much. The first night it started I saw a few friends post pictures and decided to look at ticket prices again. I use the Seat Geek app for Thunder tickets and have great luck finding low prices there so I was hopeful there would be a few for sale. 
And I was right! 
I found tickets for only $9.50! Our whole family went for $50. I immediately bought them and then it started snowing. And snowing. And snowing. We left the house about 3 hours before the show and it allowed us plenty of time to grab a bite to eat and find parking before the show. We have never actually surprised the kids with anything just for fun. They had absolutely no idea what were going to do other than get lunch. The masks and clothes we had them wear didn't even give it away.

 Thankfully we didn't park far from the arena because it was SO cold. They still had no idea what we were doing at that point since we were at Chesapeake Arena and there was not a game or monster truck show (the only things they've ever been there for.) 
 The cotton candy came with these foam mask/helmets. The kids chose the character that the other had worn that day. I will never understand these boys!
I was so surprised by how great our seats were! This was such a fun day that I hope they remember forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment