Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Kids

Yesterday the kids and I had SUCH a great day. We got to the YMCA at 930 and they were all excited to go play and I was all excited to go workout. I dropped them off, I worked out, and then I went and picked them up. I surprised them by bringing their swimsuits and taking them to the indoor pool. We get in there and as they're splashing in the water, the lifeguard comes and tells me that the pool isn't open for "open swim" for another hour and a half. All of the parents on the other side of the pool seemed to be staring at the little rednecks ruining swim lessons. oops. So I hurriedly dress the boys and we go get haircuts. They were angels. So I take them to Chifila. Because I am the kind of mom who if you behave, you get rewarded. And if you're bad… you get nothin'. And OH! it smelled so good. But I was a good girl and drank my protein shake... We went back to the Y and the kids had such a blast playing in the water. I took lots of pictures and I was the bestest mommy ever. 

Fast forward to today.

 We get to the Y and Drew starts freaking out. He yells and cries that he doesn't want to play and even though I KNOW that if I just leave he will be fine, I continue to hang around and try to bribe him into going peacefully. Uh, no. So, finally I just bite the bullet and let him over the half wall that separates the play area from the drop off area. Kid is whaling about and hits/scratches me directly in the eyeball. Thank God he wasn't in arms reach because natural reflex may have gotten CPS called by a worried care giver. As I was walking up the the cardio gym my eye is watering and my nose is pouring. Fluids are draining from my face and the only toilet I know of is occupied. Other mothers told me not to be upset, that he would get used to being dropped off. I took me a few comments to realize they thought that I was the one who was upset. I'm not really sure if telling them my terrorist 2 year old had assaulted me so I just said thanks and continued on. When I went back to pick him up he was playing with cars and totally happy. Figures.

Moral of my story:

Some days are good and some days are just full of $#!*
I will never post a picture of my children on Instagram saying how well behaved they were.
I will still post pictures about how cute I think they are. At least that doesn't change.



No comments:

Post a Comment