Thursday, March 13, 2014

The truth

Before I show you what I've accomplished past 10 days, I want to share with you all the truth why I started this challenge.

1. I have zero control over anything in this entire world, except for myself. And for the past 27 years and couple of months I have not done a very great job at exercising any control. I can't control the way my kids act in public (have you ever tried stopping a melt down on isle 6? Although they are punished for their behavior it doesn't mean they're not going to freak out about getting Fruit Loops instead of Trix.) I can't control the bipolar weather that makes my self diagnosis of SAD linger. 

2. Referring to previously mentioned lack of control, I am a binge eater. My friends who know me best know my weakness for hotdog buns and generally any bread or carbohydrate of any type. I can and have eaten an entire large pizza by myself on more that one occasion. I have eaten an entire pack of hotdog buns in much less than a day's time. Just a few weeks ago I made the no bake drop cookies and ate them until I sugar crashed had to make the boys nap so that I could as well. My addiction is real. And it hurts.

3. After binging, I won't eat until Daniel comes home for dinner for a couple days. Then I'm left with even less energy. 

Now, I'm telling you why I am sharing all of this with you. 

1. I feel like a brand new person. Let me expand...

2. My own little personal saying these past few days is "put good in and good comes out." This can be taken in a couple different ways. The first being that pooping is much more pleasant when you eat healthier. Sorry but it's true. It's magical and I will just leave it at that. The second way is just that my whole disposition feels completely different. I don't wake up and dread getting the day started. I wake up HUNGRY and ready to eat something that is going to fuel me to be the person that I need to be. The person I WANT to be. The mom that my kinds want and deserve.

3. If you're a Christian (and I know not all of you are, so I'll save your conversion for another blog, jk) then you know (or maybe not) that gluttony is a sin. Food is suppose to nourish US to serve HIM. I wasn't doing much serving when I was sugar drunk at 2 in the afternoon. I can't describe how ashamed I am for what I've put in my body. It may sound so silly to you, but this has truly been a life changing experience for me.

And now, I share with you my before and afters… Have any of you heard the saying "abs are made in the kitchen" ? Well this is why, not that I have abs…yet, but this is all because of putting good food and the right nutrients in my body with AdvoCare. Yes, I did work out…but nothing that was overly strenuous. Seriously, anyone can do some squats, lunges, crunches and arm weights while watching TV. I have always had a belly pooch and I have always been insecure about it. But now seeing how much I've changed (inside and out) gives me all the more motivation to continue. I've always said I won't have abs because I love bread too much. Well, I can still have bread…just not the whole loaf. And I can have abs. I will have abs…maybe. Daniel isn't a fan of abs, and he's the only one I've got to impress anyway!





Please don't judge too harshly, it has been only 10 days. I can't wait to see what the next 14 days of the challenge have in store. If you have any questions about Advocare, let me know! I have some amazing friends who have been doing this a lot longer than I have and if I can't answer your questions then they definitely can. 
BTW! I've ordered some samples of Spark to send out to you guys just so you can see what all of the fuss is about! Even if you're not up for the challenge, this stuff is Waaaaay better than Monsters and Red Bull!




4 comments:

  1. "Please don't judge too harshly"? What?! You look AMAZING! What is there to judge!? Good job for sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! I love it! You are so great! I wish you guys were closer...I feel like we could be good friends (: If you are sending out samples i would love one! We have been debating Advocare and am hesitant to commit to the cleanse... Love love your blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Brit! You look amazing, so glad you're feeling amazing, too. Love your blogging, I think you are hilarious! I'm doing the same sort of thing down here in Texas, renewing my walk with the Lord, cleansing my diet, working out and taking care of myself. It is amazing how much better you feel when you put only good things in your body! Good luck girl, you're doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete