Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Weekend

I believe that most military families will agree that one of the best things in life is when family and friends come to visit you. It's really rare for a lot of us families that this happens. And it's understandable, everyone has their own lives and their own things going on. But I have to say, my parents are tops when it comes to dropping things for a weekend and coming to visit us. They hadn't been out since February for Eli's birthday and these boys were counting down the seconds until they saw ChiChi and Papa. They usually take off early on Fridays and drive to us but we found awesome ticket deals this time and their trip was about 10 hours shorter than it usually is. When we got to the airport and when they saw their grandparents, I am not sure who was running harder to the other to get hugs. My parents hugged me after the kids had had enough of the loving. When you become a parent, your parents only care about your kids ;) 

On Saturday afternoon we dyed eggs. This was not good for my nerves. Andrew kept dipping his hands into the dye to get the eggs out and by the time we were finished, his hands were Hulk green. He was so happy about that. Thankfully ChiChi got his hands clean that night at bath time. Daniel and I went to eat and watch the new Captain America movie. I wasn't really looking forward to seeing it, but it was so good! I cried. Sunday morning was a little rainy so we had to wait until the afternoon to hunt eggs. Drew was once again hilarious because he wouldn't pick up the plastic eggs, he only wanted the hard boiled eggs. Sunday night they took us to see Rio 2 and it didn't disappoint. My parents got the first one for Eli when he was about 18 months old and they have watched it a million times. We laughed throughout most of it. It may have even been better than the first. 

We had so much fun, I'm sad it's time for them to go now. Now it's time to start counting down to the beach this summer!



























No comments:

Post a Comment