Sunday, January 5, 2014

A little personal…Warning, TMI.

I don't encourage Daniel to read this blog. I don't tell him if I've posted anything new, 
and hopefully that will keep him from reading it. 
You see, I have no shame. He, however, does.
I was raised in a family that locked the car windows when someone farted. I don't know if Daniel's family ever discussed farts.
Anyway...
This weeks' events have worn my soul thin.
 I'll start from October when Daniel first went to SOS, I asked if I could have whatever money was left over from his per diem. Not to blow on myself, but buy some new curtains for our living room, a few new things to hang on the walls, and stain and knobs to go on our very outdated kitchen cabinets. Not that I thought I would be able to buy ALL off it, but I had my wish list. He said sure. He hates the curtains we have now (they were hanging in the house when we bought it) and he agrees that our cabinets are not overly appealing to the eye.
I was shocked that the amount he had left over from his school was so high. He didn't eat out a lot though and I know he probably didn't for a reason. He's such a good man.
Fast forward to now, we had a few unexpected things to pay for. Daniel got a new (used) truck back in December. In Oklahoma when you register a car for the first time, the price isn't determined by what you paid for the vehicle, but it's actual worth. So, we paid a lot more for the tag that we would have in Alabama since we paid a lot less than the truck's actual worth. You follow?
We also couldn't get our gas fireplace to ignite. Had to have a guy from the gas company come out and light it. 
And now, you'll get to know me better than you could have ever wanted to. Stop reading now.
On Friday afternoon around 12:30 I was in my room folding laundry (WHAT!) and I kept hearing my toilet gurgle. I went and checked and thought that maybe I had been washing too much laundry that morning and it had something to do with that. I don't know, I'm not a freaking plumber. 10 minutes later I here the water running in the toilet. Overflow. I can't get the valve to turn off and I call Daniel (being a super B, because I know deep down this is ALL his fault) and tell him its stuck. "Get a pair of pliers." Click. I hung up on him. I'm not stupid, but why didn't I think of that. This made me even more mad at him.
It worked. So I went to the boys bathroom and turned off their water just before it overflowed too. 
I went to my neighbors' house to see if they were having any plumbing issues, hoping maybe it was something to do with the cities' line and not just my own. 
It was just my own. When I walked back into the bathrooms, my tubs and shower were filled with…
dirty water. 
Daniel called a plumber, and they wouldn't be able to come until after hours which is more $$$.
What were we suppose to do? Not shower or poop all weekend? 
I then had a looming feeling in my stomach.
This was all my fault. 
I am a woman... and I flush way more stuff down the toilet than anyone else.
(Still there?)
Oh, I knew this was going to be embarrassing.
Please let there be a little Buzz Lightyear or anything, ANYTHING else stuck in our pipes.
After the plumber finished his job, which took a maximum 8 minutes, he and Daniel were sitting in the kitchen and I heard him quietly say,
"You might let your wife know that maybe she shouldn't be flushing her tampons down the toilets." 
So, now that all of my shame is gone, I can share this with you all. It doesn't even phase me. 
At first I was angry that all of my house money mostly spent, but now I'm just so thankful that we had it. Isn't that how it goes though? 
You get some money saved up and then your period ruins everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment