Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Where'd my waist go?

Since moving here, I have been hesitant about joining a gym. Mostly because after living on base for 3 years and not having to pay for exercising, I have a hard time justifying purchasing membership. Plus, I knew that the last couple months of 2013 we would be in AL and I would be paying for nothing. And then, I really didn't want to join at the beginning of the year to avoid the glares from faithful gym goers as a "resolution-er." 
So, here I am smack in the middle of January and I've done some crunches once this week. I'm not trying to get a bikini bod, I just want to fit into the jeans I was wearing before Thanksgiving. I read a statistic that on average people gain between 5 and 15 pounds during the holiday season. I am a testament that this was not made up. I texted a friend about a week ago to let her know that I was taking and writing down my measurements in hope that I would feel some sort of accountability to drop an inch off my waist and blog to you all how I did it. I might have expanded even more since then.
I start my days off great. I juice, eat a couple eggs. Then around 10 o'clock I'm all Cookie Monster hangry looking for anything I can get my hands on. A few nights ago I made a bunch of Auntie Anne's pretzels and the next day, ate a vast majority of them. With each one I was like, "Oh, I'm going to regret this." And that night, I looked 4 months pregnant- and not like "first pregnancy 4 months"… more like 4th or 5th time around 4 months pregnant. (If you have multiple children then you know what I'm talking about.)

There really is no point to this post today, just wanted to let you all in on what's been weighing me down…no pun intended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment