Friday, January 24, 2014

The Book of Eli


Last night at 7 pm I decided to go to Target. The boys were fighting and had been ALL day, so it just seemed logical. Having a Super Target 2 miles down the road is dangerous. But I went, and it was very relaxing just strolling around the store by myself looking at things. While I was digging around in the dollar bin I found this pack of blank books. 
I'm great at starting projects with the boys and not finishing them.  But you know what, they're boys.  And they are not going to care when they're grown that their baby books are partially done.  I probably will but we will cross that bridge when we get there.  
Eli and I started working on a little book about him.  First of all, he was incredibly upset that I had him write that he's 4 while he is obviously still 3. It doesn't matter that he will be 4 in two weeks to him. My bad.  It was easier for him to write, too. But, I thought it would just be fun to put together little things about him and maybe do it every year and see how things change.  These are the first two pages. He needed a break. It may take a whole year to do this.  
I plan on printing off pictures of things that whatever the page is about and letting him put stickers on it and color in it. He really has great handwriting for a(n) (almost) 4 year old. He knows what letters look like so if I tell him what to write he usually does it.  Sometimes I have to show him on another piece of paper what a certain letter looks like.  He was determined to have a page with Batman on it.  So here you go, folks.  This is the whole reason I am writing this post.
Eli is on the left and the devil Batman is on the right. Eli has just started drawing "bodies" on his people.  (The part that the arms and legs are coming off of.) The limbs use to come straight off of the head. 
I kind of wish I had grabbed a few more packs of these...

No comments:

Post a Comment