Sunday, January 5, 2014

And we rejoiced, for we never had to buy diapers again

It's been a very exciting week over here! Last Sunday afternoon Andrew decided he wanted to go peepee on the potty, and he did. He had been mentioning over the past couple of weeks every time he would get his diaper changed that his cousin Powell went peepee on the potty and I would tell them that he could too because he is a big boy too! 
I can't even begin to describe the change that I have seen in this child. He has always been the one to get into trouble for instigating fights with his brother, being the messy one, the stubborn one. We would say, "Drew, you're so bad!" Jokingly of course, but I think he began to believe it himself.  After he potties he gets to put a sticker on his chart and gets an M&M. But immediately after he goes, before getting off the toilet a look of sheer excitement and pride comes over this precious child's face and he reaches his sweet little arms out for the biggest hugs he's ever given. 
This little bit of praise he has been receiving shows me how LITTLE he was receiving it in other areas. I'm so afraid of what damage I could have done had I not noticed this. It scares me and breaks my heart.
He's a wild little BOY with so much energy, determination, and love. I'm so proud of what he's done in this week. He really did it all on his own, and you can see that each day he's just gotten better and better.  I thank God for this child, and for his brother too.  They're my sunshine. 
                Excuse the drool! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment